Dean’sSweets Hosts First Friday Open House : Love & Chocolate
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Dean’sSweets Chocolatier is participating in February’s First Friday in Portland, Maine. I will be there featuring photographs of their sumptuous chocolate and moments of love I’ve captured over the years. This event is free to all who come by and we’d really love for you to be there.
When : First Friday Art Walk – Friday, February 7, 2014 at 5pm
Where : 82 Middle Street in Portland, Maine
Kristin and Dean Bingham of Dean’sSweets will offer a tasting of all 28 truffles, caramels, and buttercreams.
Dean’sSweets is known for their high-quality, hand-dipped chocolate truffles, caramels, buttercreams, and buttercrunch, and their award-winning flavor combinations. Dean’sSweets chocolates are made in small batches in Portland, ME.
Some Dean’sSweets facts:
- We use 56% cacao for the ganache center (for most truffles) and 70% cacao for the shell for a great semi-sweet/bittersweet mix.
- We use no preservatives or artificial ingredients.
- All of our chocolates are hand-made and hand-dipped, here in Portland, Maine.
- All of our products are nut-free (both tree and ground nuts) made in our facility that is also nut free.
- Most of our truffles are gluten free, and one is dairy free (which also makes it vegan) – the chocolate stout, using local brew Allagash Black.
- We use local ingredients whenever possible – the blueberries, organic maple syrup, Allagash Black stout, and the Cold River (potato) vodka all come from Maine. The butter in the caramels is Kate’s Homemade from Old Orchard Beach, Maine.
We hope to see you there and eating chocolate soon!
xoxo . . .